2.5.23

April 30: Amorgos: Tholaria

The weather is a little warmer today. I'm not completely chilled to the bone.

After breakfast, I went to my room and did about 3 hours of work. After that, I had lunch in the hotel restaurant. I had pastitzio again. Pastitzio is kind of like Greek mac 'n' cheese, except it has spiced ground beef at the bottom, the noodles are long, and the whole thing is held together with bechamel sauce.


After lunch I went for my first swim in the pool. Holy shit, it was Arctic! But, I made myself get in and swim a few laps. I paid extra to stay at the hotel because of the pool - I was gonna get my money's worth out of it! I managed to stay in for about 45 minutes, before I had to get out because I was shivering.


I had to eat dinner on the patio because the entire hotel restaurant was filled with tables and chairs for a special event. Poppy, the main restaurant server / front of house manager, said that 150 people were coming to celebrate the baptism of a young local girl. They even hired a traditional musician. I managed to catch a video of him warming up and testing the sound.

No comments: