6.5.23

May 3: Tholaria and The Huge Storm

I noticed that it was a bit windy yesterday afternoon and evening. Well, overnight a huge storm blew in. The wind was literally howling and it nearly knocked me off my feet when I went outside to go to the hotel restaurant for breakfast. I'm guessing the wind was gusting 90 to 110km/hr. It was impressive.

I decided to stay at the hotel today and just do some personal stuff. I started by doing more "sink laundry" and hanging it to dry - securely pegged to the line so it wouldn't blow away, though! I also updated this blog and did a bit of work. My laundry blew dry within three hours, so I brought it inside and repacked my suitcase in anticipation of departing tomorrow.

Just before dinner, I went to reception to pay my bill and arrange for a transfer to the port tomorrow morning. The ferry was scheduled to depart at 6:55am. They said to meet the driver outside at 6:30am.

After I paid for dinner, they gave me a small paper bag with a "to go" breakfast for the morning. It was a really nice gesture. I spent the rest of the night chilling out in my room and watching TV.

No comments: