19.4.23

April 18: Paros: Aliki

I did three hours of work in the morning, then drove to Aliki. The road was alright, although it went over a mountainous area and there were a few butt-clenchingly twisty turns that I almost took too fast. The road also went through some lovely little villages and a couple of them had narrow, one lane, alternating-traffic bridges that were a bit tricky.

I made the turn off to Aliki and tried one parking lot, which was full, but found parking in a second parking lot a little further up the road. The walk into the village wasn't far, but my legs were stiff and sore from the walk around Naoussa the day before, so I had to stop and massage my legs as soon as I got to the harbour.

Aliki was exactly as I remembered it from when Mom and I stayed there in 2014. I did a little walk along the harbour, then I stopped for lunch at the Aliki Restaurant. I had wanted to go to the ΤΟ ΜΟΥΡΑΓΙΟ seafood restaurant, because I remember it being the best restaurant along the harbour, but unfortunately it wasn't open. But, the Aliki Restaurant was good, too. I had swordfish and salad.








There isn't much in Aliki - just 1 shop and about 10 restaurants - so after lunch I walked back to the car and drove back to the hotel. I went for a swim, then had a hot shower and settled into a quiet night in my jammies watching Greek TV. The sunset was particularly lovely:

No comments: