28.4.23

April 25: Naxos

I did a bit of trip administration in the morning - emailing the hotel on Amorgos to arrange for someone to pick me up at the port on Thursday, asking about restaurants and car rentals, etc. After that I did some work, had a sandwich and an apple in my room, and then hit the pool. I had the pool to myself for most of the morning and afternoon.

I went to Scirocco on my own for dinner. Vangelis was there and greeted me with a big smile. I had the beef scallopini with mushrooms and orzo.


Back at the hotel I enjoyed a quiet beer on my balcony before putting on my jam jams, climbing into bed, and catching up on the Greek TV drama I'd been idly watching every evening. It's always fun to watch TV dramas (or soap operas) in another country. You really don't need to speak the language to follow the plot. I sent the following plot updates to Diana via Messenger:

"I think Guy With Pony Tail is cheating on his wife."

"Couple With Marital Problems are hanging out with Loud Sexy Woman Who Has Lots of Fun and are looking pained."

"Aging Restaurateur With Tight Jeans is now counselling Morose Middle Aged Man. Not sure what's up yet."

"Older Newleyweds - they got married two days ago - are engaging in role play on their honeymoon."

"Wut?! Now Guy With Pony Tail is arguing with Couple with Marital Problems! Oooh, maybe GWPT is dating or married to Loud Sexy Woman Who Has Lots of Fun? I will have to tune in tomorrow to learn more."

No comments: